Sunday, August 9, 2009

I am a Federationist Forever !!!



In the last five weeks, I have been to the National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind in Detroit, MI; participated in the 3rd Annual March for Independence which officially kicks off the National Convention; was a mentor at Youth Slam 2009 on the campus of the University of Maryland in College Park, MD as well as the Youth March for Independence on our nation's capital in Washington D.C. which was proceeded by a rally at the Lincoln Memorial.










I have been a member of the National Federation of the Blind since 1996 when I attended the Colorado Cente for the Blind in Denver, CO.

Up until the last year or two, I freely admit I was a casual member. However, after personal experiences of discrimination and seeing my own children struggle in their efforts to achieve a quality education, I am now more determined than ever to help my children and others have a brighter future and opportunities I never had!

I am and forever will be proud to call myself a true Federationist!!! Who are we? NFB!!!!!

1 comment:

~Daysi said...

Hey Kevin I started Blogging again, YAY! here is my blog http://deardaysi.blogspot.com/ I am adding yours to mine :) hope we can keep in touch again, like in days past.
Take care!